Tight on cash this holiday season but want to throw a rockin’ party?! Make it easy and whip up a potato bar – it’s fast, cheap and your guests will love. Potato bars are easy for entertaining a crowd or a small group on a budget, and offering a variety of delic toppings makes it a fun way for guests to create a potato masterpiece of their own. If that’s not enough to make you want a potato bar at your party, let me try this – a potato bar will please any palette from a vegetarian to a carnivore, meaning you will have happy guest at your party with full bellies. Ummm now you in?
Potato Bar Basics
Your potato bar can be as elaborate or minimal as your budget allows, but in order to have a successful bar you MUST offer the basics: large baked potatoes, butter, cheese, sour cream, chopped chives and bacon bits (fresh or bottled).
Once you get the basic ingredients and if you have some leftover dinero, get creative and add your own flair to your potato bar. Here are some of our favorite toppings for a spud bar extraordinaire:
- Shredded chicken (cooked)
- Shredded ham (cooked)
- Sliced olives
- Chopped tomatoes
- Pineapple chunks – for your sweet tooth friends
- Salsa, jalapenos and green chilies – for your adventurous friends
- Grilled onions
- Various gourmet cheeses, melted and shredded
- BBQ sauces
- Salad dressings like ranch
- Marinara and Alfredo sauce
The sky is the limit when concocting your perfect potato bar, just make sure to stay within your budget. With a little brainstorming and creativity your potato bar will be the hit of your party! Hey and if your that strapped for cash add a little BYOC - bring your own cocktails – on your invites. Sure a little cheesy, but the holidays are about being surrounded by the ones you love and buying alcohol can put a huge strain on any party budget. PLUS you are the one putting this party together, which is nice gesture by itself.
We want to remind Seaside residents that the community will be hosting their second annual potato bar party, tonight – back by popular demand! From 5:00 – 7:00PM, residents are invited to join Seaside apartments leasing team in the leasing office to create their own potato masterpiece, with topping that are sure to please – cheese, veggies, sour cream, onions, butter and bacon-bacon.
- Pre-cook all potatoes and keep them warm until it is serving time.
- Remember to set out napkins, plates, silverware and other basics like salt and pepper
- Setup your potato bar in order –dishware, followed by potatoes, butter and all other topping.
- Wrap your potatoes in foil to keep your potatoes warmer, longer.
What’s your favorite potato topping?