It’s no secret living at a Shea Apartment Living community is all about convenience. You’ll never have a lift a hammer, just your finger to dial maintenance, should the need ever arise. And you can rest easy knowing that all maintenance requests are completed within 48 hours or we’ll credit you one-days’ rent per day for each day the work isn’t completed. But there are some times when you’ll want to tackle a Do-It-Yourself (DIY) project to give your apartment that extra splash of style. Whether you need inspiration, practical advice, or actual home improvement tools, there’s an app for that.
- Handy Man DIY – This App costs $1.99, but it can save you a bundle. Simply input room dimensions and it will return how much paint, flooring, etc. you’ll need to purchase. ($1.99 - iPhone / iPad)
- iHandy Level – This app transforms your iPhone into a level. Open the App, place it on top of the picture you’re hanging and you’ll have a great visual indicator when your picture is level. No more asking your roommate “is it straight?” (Free - iPhone)
- Houzz Design App – Without a doubt, this app will keep you inspired! Featuring over 700,000 beautiful photos of world-class interiors, the Houzz Design app has something for every taste. Sort by style, room, size and more. (Free - iPhone)
- Design Dimensions – With this App, you’ll learn the dimensions for pretty much every piece of furniture or furnishings that go into an apartment. Pretty handy! (Free – Android)
- Home Depot – Get pricing on products, access to hundreds of how-to videos and practical advice for anyone looking to tackle that weekend project. (Free – Android / iPhone)