Two days until the official start of the 32nd OC Fair, let the countdown begin! From July 15 – August 14, 2011, all of our Orange County apartment residents will be able to enjoy 23 days full of rollercoasters, food, entertainment, animals and much more, all in one location, the Orange County Fairgrounds.
This year they have an amazing lineup of bands and entertainment at The Pacific Amphitheater, located at the fairgrounds; have fun at the fair all day and purchase your tickets for some evening entertainment. They have everything from Selena Gomez for the tweens, Chicago for the classic rocker, Weezer for the alternative soul and Bill Cosby to spark up some laugher, just to name a few. The best part is tickets start at $29.50 for each concert - what a steal!
If you are more of a sports action junkie not to worry, the OC Fair will be hosting everything, from the Speedway Fair Derby, X-Treme Freestyle Moto-X, an Extreme Rodeo, you name it they have it!
Here are a couple of things to keep in mind with you hit the OC Fair this summer.
- There will be a lot of walking, make sure to wear comfortable shoes.
- Its summer time and that means it is going to be hot, hot, hot! While you are at the fair, make sure to dress appropriate for the weather.
- Stop by your local bank to grab some cash, you’re going to need it, and want to avoid the high ATM fees at the fair.
- Plan your day at the fair. The OC fair can cost a pretty penny without a game plan. Map out the attractions you and your family are interested in and organize!
- Look at the fair’s promotional days and try to go on those days to save some dough.
- If you can swing it, go during the week, it will be less crowded and more enjoyable.
A little Info…
Wednesday - Friday: Noon - Midnight
Saturday - Sunday: 10:00AM – Midnight
Open Wednesday - Sunday.
General (13-59) $11
Seniors (60+) $8
Youth (6-12) $6
Children under 6 FREE every day
$7 per vehicle
$12 preferred parking
$14 per bus
Off-site Parking - Weekends only, free parking and shuttle service are available on Saturdays and Sundays from the Experian parking structure off the Bristol Street exit of the 405 freeway. The free shuttle operates from 10:00AM to 1:00AM.
I hope all of our residents have a great time at the fair and just an FYI, the fair is less than 10 miles away from our Fountain Valley apartments, our apartments in Laguna Beach and our apartments in Irvine.
What is Your Favorite Thing About the OC Fair?