With 2012 behind us we can all start fresh in the New Year. It’s time for new beginnings, new opportunities and new goals in 2013 and it all starts with a New Year’s resolution! There is just something about a New Year’s resolution that’s exciting!
As individuals we all tend to differ in opinions, styles and taste but there is one thing in common, when it comes to New Year’s resolutions the top five never change. People tend to stick to the same resolutions no matter what year we are ringing in. Here are the top five New Year’s resolutions for 2013:
- Get fit and shed excess fat aka the gym. No shocker and the #1 resolution. Moving into the New Year is a perfect opportunity to stay focus and stick to your weightless guns. Don’t let the outside noise of the kiddies, your spouse or your job pull you away from this resolution, it’s a New Year and that means it is a new YOU – so find time to balance them all.
If you have a hard time staying motivated at the gym try a new routine:
- Crossfit = awesomeness!
- Boot camp
- Spin Class
You can even walk over to your Shea Apartment Community gym, featuring state of the art fitness equipment and cardio theaters to get your workout on. Zenith Meridian Apartments even offers two complimentary personal training sessions with The Wellness Zone in the convenience of their community fitness center – now that’s something to talk about!
- Diet, diet, diet. Of course working out alone will not melt all the fat away, a healthy diet is equally important and is a top resolution in 2013. It’s time to put the carbs down and grab the greens. This might be hard at first, but give it a week and you will be feeling better and loving life! There are so many diets out there that will help you achieve your resolution so put your forks up in the air and cheers because this is your year to succeed.
NOTE: A diet is all about your lifestyle, you need to pick one that fits in it and you will have no problem sticking to it. Also, allow yourself a cheat day once a week, your body needs a little shocker and you deserve it.
- Save Dinero and Pay Off Loans. Most people try this every week and epically fail. Today is the day to take your credit cards out of your wallet and make a pledge that you are going to put money in the bank. If you find yourself losing self-control here are a couple of things that might help you get back on track.
- Setup your checking account to automatically transfer money to your savings and never connect your savings account to your debit card.
- Take them out of your wallet and cut them up, you don’t need them!
- Quit smoking. This has been a top resolution for years but there are fewer people smoking these days and it has moved down on the list – hoorah! For all your smokers out there, ummm quit, like now – it’s an icky habit and super unhealthy. Stick to your guns and stay strong, when you fight this battle you will be pleasantly pleased with yourself. All you have to do it START!
S = Set a quit date.
T = Tell family, friends, and co-workers that you plan to quit.
A = Anticipate and plan for the challenges you'll face while quitting.
R = Remove cigarettes and other tobacco products from your home, car, and work.
T = Talk to your doctor about getting help to quit.
Shea Apartment Communities is supportive of a greener world and offers smoke-free apartments. The Artisan in Oxnard, Lucent Blvd in Highlands Ranch and Zenith Meridian in Englewood are 100% smoke-free communities.
- Take a Vaca. Life can get busy, especially juggling a job, family and friends. People tend to forget about themselves and their needs! Well coming into 2013 it’s all about you (maybe not ALL but don’t forget about yourself this year). If this is your New Year’s resolution, book your vacation within the next couple of months so you stick with it because if you don’t you never will. Tahiti? Paris? Fuji? Where is your New Year’s resolution vacation going to take you?! Bankrate has some great tips on saving money for your 2012 vacation.
Welcome to 2013 and good luck with your resolution!