Playing games with the fam is a great bonding activity and is a great way to create lasting memories! If your family is looking to have some good ‘ol fashion fun not to worry Shea Apartment Living is here and we have some fab apartment games that are fun for all.
First up, Anything Auction.
- Old pillowcases or medium garbage bags, one per player
- Household items
- Pencil and paper
- To get your auction started designate an auctioneer, who secretly makes a list of items with randomly assigned point values, i.e.: something with flowers on it, 25 points. Make sure to include general categories such as “something rectangular”, and assign negative points to a few items (a pillow, minus 15 points). Sample auctioneer list
- Now it’s time for the fun! Give all players three minutes to fill their pillowcases with items around the house. When the buzzer goes off, time is up. The auctioneer reads the list that was created. If a player has an item in their bag they hold it up, the auctioneer verifies and the player receives points. The player with the most points is designated as the new auctioneer and the game repeats.
To get your little ones to return their items back to where they originally found them, quickly. Announce the player that returns all their items back first will receive 10 points toward the next round.
- Pencil and paper
- Rip up a piece of paper into the number of players. Write ‘player’ on all of the pieces except for one, which will read ‘assassin’. Fold up the pieces of paper and place in bowl.
- Everyone sits in a circle and each player picks a piece of paper from the bowl, the player who picks the paper with the words assassin is the assassin. This assassins goal is to “kill off” players by making eye contact and then winking at them. Once a player receives a wink they are to “drop dead” but not before counting to 10. The ‘alive’ players guess who the assassin is and if the player who guesses correctly is the winner.
This game can also be played by walking around the room shaking hands. The assassin makes his ‘kill’ by scratching a players palm during the handshake.
Finally, Honey do you love me?
- Gather in a circle and pick on person to be in the middle.
- The person in the middle will approach any player and say “Honey, do you love me?” The player must respond with, “Honey, I love you but I just can’t smile.” If the player does smile or laugh, he/she will trade places with the person in the middle. Otherwise, the middle person moves on to a different player until someone breaks and cracks a smile.
The middle person can be as goofy or silly as they wish to get a smile or laughter from other players, although they are not able to physically touch other plays.
What are some of your family’s favorite games to play at home?