Avast me hearties, it is the 10th anniversary of the good ‘ol International Talk Like a Pirate Day. Grab your Jolly Roger and mates and bring’em aboard to rejoice in high seas because today is your day to walk, talk and act like a pirate. Everyone knows that a pirate is only as good as his vernacul----arrrrrr so before your start to babble like a buccaneer for the sheer, anarchic fun of it, you need to get in character. Which means you need to know ye pirate name, pirate lingo and of course, ye have to have pirate digs aka clothes so you can babble in style. AND if a beauty catches yer eaye tonight, try some our favorite one-liners below and you just might be able to reel in a little pirate lass.
- Arrrrrrrre ye single?
- Ya certainly put the shiver in me timber!
- I have a treasure map… to ye heart.
- You stole my heart, wanna join me crew?
- Yer so sweet all me teeth have fallen out
- Just scraped me pegleg falling over you.
What’s favorite pirate one-liners?