In celebration of St. Patrick’s Day we are going to talk about all things green this week and what better way to kick it off then to make green beer. Not only is it super easy but it only takes about 5 seconds – plus it is a must for a St. Patrick’s Day celebration.
- Purchase the beer. Purchase a light colored beer or ale. You can use a dark beer green but you will have to put so much food coloring in that your teeth will turn green when you drink it. If you are really festive then a dark beer might be right up your ally but for most people this is something they would like to avoid.
- Pour beer. Poor half your beer into a glass or mug – simple enough!
- Add the green. Place 4-6 drops of green food coloring into the beer.
- Poor beer. Poor the rest of your beer into the glass or mug. This should mix the food coloring, stir lightly if needed.
- Enjoy and repeat as needed. For some reason green beer just taste so much beer, I’m not sure if it’s because we only drink it on St. Patrick’s Day but for any reason ENJOY!
Do you have any other tricks to make your beer festive on St. Patrick’s Day?