You only have a Christmas tree in our house once a year, so why not make it last as long as you can?! The year is almost over but if you would like to keep it looking beautiful into the New Year, here are some tricks that will help your tree look its best.
- This is a no brainer but when you bought your Christmas tree, I sure hope you picked out a happy-looking, green tree. A healthy tree will last longer!
- Keep your tree out of direct sunlight and heat. This can cause premature death aka they will dry out the tree.
- Make sure that your decorative lights emit little to no heat. If they do I would recommend keeping them unlit until your New Year’s party.
- Add some delicious treats to the water. This might sounds crazy but is proven to work.
- Mix a gallon of hot water with a cup of light corn syrup, 4 tsp. of bleach, 4 tsp. of lemon juice and ¼ tsp. of Epsom salt. Fill the tree stand up with this delicious concoction and let the tree drink it up. Put the remainder of the liquid in a jar in the fridge for future use. Keep the water in the tree stand at a consistent level.
- Spray the tree branches with water once a day. This will rehydrate the branches and make them happy little needles. Only spray the tree with water when the electrical is unplugged.
ITEMS YOU WILL NEED FOR YOUR TREE
- Corn Syrup
- Lemon Juice
- Epsom salts
- Measuring spoons
- Spray bottle
If you follow these few simple tips your tree will be looking fabulous into the New Year!
Do you have any more tricks?